Sunday, May 2, 2010

Ad-nalysis Sunday: Nolan's Cheddar

Tom found this on YouTube yesterday.



After some research I discover Nolan's cheddar doesn't actually exist.
Tear.
But if it did, I'd buy it.

This fake ad was made British animatronics master John Nolan. He's worked on movies like Where the Wild Things Are and Harry Potter.

So why am I writing about this even though it's a fake ad? Because it accomplished what Nolan set out to accomplish. To showcase his work.
Nothing like a viral video to get someone a job!
To quote www.promonews.tv, he has "a calling card you won’t forget in a hurry. It draws you in like a tempting, tasty morsel of cheese..."
Nolan has since been signed to Streetlight Films.
Brilliant.

2 comments:

  1. I love that the mousy could work out, but I was still more disturbed than anything!

    ReplyDelete