Monday, May 16, 2011

The Preggo Shoot


(I've had the same background on my blog for over a year, so I decided to try out a new one.
Of course it still needed to have pink.
And I'm currently a little obsessed with feathers.)


Two of my best friends are pregnant right now.
And both just happen to be GORGEOUS!
The perfect recipe for a super-fun photo shoot!

This is Ashley. She's due in August.

This is Mallory. I don't remember when she's due, but it's far away.
We're going to take a picture of her in the same dress every month of her pregnancy.
This is the first picture, obviously.

Here are some more pictures of Ashley.
This is her "Kendra" face.
If you don't know who I'm referring to, good.
Consider yourself pure.

Love the backlighting in these pictures.

Another "Kendra" face. ;)

Ashley looking HAWT!
Don't I have stylish friends?

I let the sun do all the work here.

All the pictures in the field were taken at the tail end of the shoot. We were right beside a super busy road trying to avoid getting hit by cars.
But the pictures turned out really nice, so it made risking our lives totally worth it!
Plus a few cars even honked at my pretty friends!

Does Mallory have sexy knees or what!
This is one of my favorite pictures of her EVER.
I wanted it to be perfect so I spent a lot of time editing it.
See if you can find all the edits.
Here's the "raw" photo.

Other than the obvious color and warmth boost, I took out all the holes in the wooden shed behind her and took out the white paint splotches.
I minimized the lines on her face (not that she needed it), and made her right eye a little bigger.
(She's a little sensitive about her right eye. Can you even tell a difference?)

Sun-kissed Mallory.

Field shots of Mallory.
This is my other fav picture of Mallory.
I'm so glad I have stylish friends to teach me a thing or two.

And last but not least, a couple pictures of ME!

These pictures should really say "Ashley Photography."
Ashley has the same camera as me, so I've been teaching her how to take pictures in manual.
While I was taking pictures of Mallory, she captured these action shots of me!
Apparently I take pictures with my mouth open.
Or I may have been talking at the time.

I'm really glad she got this picture of me. It shows off my new camera ring!
They featured it in a segment on Studio 5 about "statement rings".
When I saw it, I HAD to have it. Only $8!!
Can you find it in the segment? You only see it for a second when they show the rings from Urban Blues.


1 comment:

  1. Nice work! I like the last pic of Ashley best. Love that field! And yes, you have stylish friends. I wish they would have been around to teach me a thing or two staying away from gigantic floral orange shirts when I was preggers with Taj...

    ReplyDelete