Sunday, October 31, 2010

The Things I Do for my Blog

Like getting up at 5:30 in the morning to take pictures of a stranger.
The other day my friend Ashley was doing a shoot for Studio 5.
(This is Ashley. Can you believe how good she looks at 6:30 in the morning?)

The story was about a dad who gets up every morning to wave to his teenage son on the school bus.
The kicker?
This dad dresses up in a DIFFERENT costume everyday to embarrass his son!
I know, hilarious right!
He's worn more than 40 costumes!
I went along because I thought it would make a pretty great blog post.
Here's some of the pictures I took during the shoot.
What does the teenage son think about his crazy father?
Turns out he thinks it's pretty cool and he's even gotten some extra attention from the ladies.
Today Dale, the crazy dad, is a red devil. This is his wife. She takes pictures every day for their super-hilarious blog: waveatthebus.blogspot.com
You can see ALL the different costumes on their blog. He's been everything from a princess to Nacho Libre!
That's me and Dale! (I don't look as great as Ashley at 6:30 a.m.)
Dale doesn't just wave at the school bus, he waves at all the neighbors as they walk and drive by!
Everyone thinks he's a hoot!
Dale trying to show affection to his son.
Like father, like son.
Ashley doing a standup for her story.
And here's Dale waving at the bus!
Did I mention he has a fake leg? He lost his leg in a motorcycle accident 20 years ago, but his "replacement" totally works with his costumes.

Here's the story that aired on Studio 5.

Isn't he awesome!
I kinda want him to adopt me.

1 comment:

  1. I have a confession to make. I had already drank two diet cokes by the aforementioned photos. I paid dearly for two hours later when I crashed and I still had 10 hours of work left. I'm soooo glad you came. It was so fun, and now I want you to come to all my shoots. Thanks friend!.

    ReplyDelete