Monday, November 2, 2009

The Promo that Broke Me

Stephanie Nielson is a blogger, just like me! Except unlike me, she has more than two posts. But hey, I'm just a beginner.

A year and a half ago, Stephanie was in a plane crash with her husband and another friend. Their friend died. Her husband was burned, and so was Stephanie. Except Stephanie's burns covered more than 80 percent of her body.

Although Stephanie lived in Arizona at the time, she has ties to Utah, and her blog the NieNie Dialogues is really popular here, so KSL covered the story a few times.

Stephanie's appearance has changed dramatically since the crash. And now she lives in Provo (just like me). It took her a long time to post pictures of her "new self" on her blog, but as she's adapted to her new life, her fan base has grown immensely.

A few weeks ago, Stephanie and her husband were on Oprah. I watched the episode while at work, and cried. She is an amazing person, with an amazing spirit, and an amazing testimony of the gospel.

KSL is the first local station to get a sit down interview with Stephanie. The reporter, Ed Yeates, has come out of retirement temporarily to cover her amazing story. He even uncovered details NOT revealed on Oprah. I don't want to give it away, but it's pretty juicy!

Because I was already a fan of Stephanie's (and I'm the only girl in promotions), it was unanimously agreed that I should do the promo. I watched Ed's interviews with Stephanie, and cried all over again. Although her face is scarred, she still resonates beauty. I'm not used to getting so attached to someone I've never met.

Please watch, and be kind. I worked really hard on this promo. Then watch her story on KSL 5 News at 10 on Thursday, Nov. 5th. There's so much in the story that I couldn't get into a 30 sec promo. I know Ed will do the story justice.

Lance, thank you for your help with editing. You did a great job.
Stephanie, thank you for letting the world into your life.

3 comments:

  1. I love how she posted this promo on her blog today! great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't read people's blogs I don't know -- it makes me feel like my own life and relationships are inadequate. Also, it should be noted that it freaks me out that NieNie calls her husband "Mr. Neilson". I understand she uses nick names but that's crossing a line somewhere...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome to the blogging world Lester! If you ever feel outnumbered downstairs, come up here and we'll cry together. I love Nie Nie Dialogues. Stephanie is such an inspiration. Can't wait to see the interview Thursday. Great job on the promo!

    ReplyDelete