Sunday, July 11, 2010

Ad-nalysis Sunday: Emmy Nods

Remember my first Ad-nalysis Sunday post (or was it my second?) about this commercial?



Well guess what! It was nominated for an Emmy!
Did you even know commercials were nominated for Emmys? Neither did I!

Want to know what other commercials were nominated?
Well, it's no surprise most of them are Super Bowl commercials.
I could do an Ad-nalysis Sunday post on each one and really drag it out, but you know I'm too impatient for that.

Absolute "Anthem"


Love the music in this commercial!
I don't even want to think about how much it COST and how much TIME it took to put all of that together. But it sure made an "exceptional" commercial.
I love that the motto of this commercial can apply to anything in life. "Doing things differently leads to something exceptional."

Coca-Cola "Finals"


I'm not in love with this commercial. I doubt it will win the Emmy. But it's an interesting concept and they sure put a lot of work into it.
For me, it's just too many things happening at once. Plus, I'm not a fan of "fantasy-themed" anything. It's too "Gulliver's Travels."

Snickers-Mars "Game"


Can you say anything bad about this commercial? It's Betty White! Love her!
I can also completely attest that "You're not you when you're hungry" is a true statement. Just ask my husband!

Audi "Green Police"


Catchy, holds your attention, and makes you feel good about recycling.
I love this commercial, but that's because I'm an eco-nerd who brings her own bags to the grocery store.
Now I want an Audi. But then again, who doesn't want an Audi?

Nike "Human Chain"


A feel good Nike commercial. Perfect for the Super Bowl.
Love love love love LOVE the song!
I pretty much love the whole commercial. It gives me goosebumps.
A SERIOUS contender for the Emmy.
P.S. Can you name all the celebrity athletes in this commercial?

What commercial do you think will win the Emmy?

Sidenote: The 2010 Primetime Emmy Awards will air live August 29 on NBC (KSL 5 in Utah).

1 comment:

  1. I am for Old Spice, but I think they are all pretty sweet. I am also a big fan of the Nike one--I couldn't take my eyes away, smarties.

    ReplyDelete