Sunday, July 4, 2010

Ad-nalysis Sunday: Hyundai Sonata

Generally, I hate car commercials.
But I don't hate this one!



Finally, an out-of-the-box car commercial.
Isn't it like a breath of fresh air?

I love that you don't even know it's a car commercial until near the end. But you don't forget it's a car commercial. I think the point definitely gets across.

16-year-olds are on the road. Get a safe car.


Almost anyone can relate to this commercial. One, because we fear 16-year-old drivers. And two, because who doesn't LOVE that song from Sound of Music. It totally brings you to a happy place.

I love the simplicity of this commercial. There are exactly three scenes. Three cuts. The bedroom. The car. The text.

I don't envy the person who had to put together the bedroom scene. That's A LOT of stuff. But who knows? Maybe they got lucky and one of the producers had a teenager who's room was already this messy.

As always, let me know what you think of the commercial.

The end.

3 comments:

  1. 30 seconds - the text delivers the punch line: "Top Safety Pick" (from a credible source) to attach to the object: 2010 Hyundai Sonata. Simple. To the point. Memorable. Great looking car, on top of all that! 'Course I may be biased - I drive a Santa Fe!

    Good choice for this week's `ad-nalysis`.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am seventeen going on eighteen... :P (and driving)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I thought it was smart too. Which reminds me to write the President and ask him to up the driving age to 33!

    ReplyDelete