Sunday, June 27, 2010

Ad-nalysis Sunday: Fedex

I saw a FedEx commercial a while back, around the time I started doing these Ad-nalysis blogs. I thought it was funny, but I couldn't find it on YouTube so I never blogged about it.

Occasionally I would think about this long-lost commercial and cry a little inside because I couldn't share it with you.

Today, I was determined to find it.



What is it about a stupid man, doing a stupid thing, that always makes us smile?

I suppose I feel like I can relate to this "boss". When I get really good service somewhere, I try to let them know I'm impressed. I'll ask the person's name, and tell her she's doing a great job. It's dorky, I know.

The actor in this commercial just takes this concept to the extreme.
And it works. I love him! I love his dorkiness and sense of pride.

I love the pace of this commercial. I think that's what keeps me interested the whole time. There's a lot happening in 30 seconds.

Other than that, there's not much too this commercial. It just made me smile. What more can you ask for?


***On another topic...
Congratulations to Jackee for winning the muffin giveaway!

She said: "We would LOVE to try out your yummy muffins. And the cool thing is...it would be really easy to get them to us:)! I think something with cinnamon would be fun."

It will be easy to get them to her because she lives just down the street!

No comments:

Post a Comment