Saturday, February 27, 2010

Friends with Benefits

Last weekend I went WAY out of my comfort zone and attended a "blogger brunch". I was afraid to go because A) I wouldn't know anyone there; B) I barely started blogging and would feel inadequate next to the "pros"; and C) I was pretty sure I would be the only non-mommy blogger there.

But the host of the brunch, Sue from Navel Gazing, really encouraged me to go and surprizingly, so did Mr. Harker. I thought for sure he would think it was lame, but get this, he actually wants me to embrace my new hobby! He even gives me idea for blog posts! What a guy!

I am so glad I went. I met a ton of awesome women through "blogger speed dating". Turns out it didn't matter I didn't have kids. As soon as I mentioned I work with Studio 5 people were interested. Some of the bloggers had even been on Studio 5 before! It gave us something to bond over.

One blogger in particular, Becca from Blue Cricket Design, is worth mentioning because she was on Studio 5 later in the week. I know we just met, but I went over to see her after her segment and she totally remembered me. She gave me a hug, acted like we were old friends, and even gave me the headband she JUST made on T.V.! I love my new friend and I LOVE LOVE LOVE my new headband!

The headband matched my outfit perfectly!

Watch how Becca made it on Studio 5!


5 comments:

  1. Awesome! I'm sad we didn't get to really talk in real life!
    Also, I was watching KSL the other day at the gym, and I totally saw that thing you were talking about with the Lion King singing thing. I was like, WAIT, didn't I read about that on a blog?!?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty, pretty headband. It's like she planned it to go with your wardrobe.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is such a cute headband! And kudos on going to that brunch solo

    ReplyDelete
  4. You weren't alone. I didn't know anyone there either. And I'm not a mommy blogger--more of a grandmommy blogger? Or just a generic blogger, really.

    It was wonderful meeting you and I've read everything you've posted since then. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Karlene. You are a darling! I'm so glad our blogs have something in common!

    ReplyDelete